We all think that we know ourselves and our body perfectly. But it’s really not true. There’s so much you do not know about your body and how it works. The human body is extremely complex and mysterious mechanism that tends to confuse even the most qualified specialists, doctors and scientists.
We have 20 astounding human body facts for you and we bet you’ve never read or heard these before.
- There are not just four different blood types as we used to think, but in fact 29! The rarest of them belongs to the Bombay subtype, which is common for a small group of families in Japan.
- Over the course of just one day, our blood ’runs’ the distance of 19,312 kilometers.
- The speed of an incoming brain impulse is about 400 km/h.
- A human makes approximately 20,000 breaths per day.
- Our ears keep on growing throughout our lives with almost unbelievable speed — a quarter of a millimeter per year!